Hot Dog Cart News for 2013

Hot Dog Cart News for 2013
Osborne's Dreammaker Hot Dog Carts Arrive Soon

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time to Plan for 2010 Hot Dog Cart Season

That is it, the season for about 60% of us, hot dog vendors effected by the cold weather is about to end. But does that mean we sit on our sofas and watch Soap Operas and Talk show hosts try to solve everyone else's problems? Not me,no sir. I am ready... I am hitting the southern market to check out the view. Not only am I hitting the southern market to check out the view but you will have to stay tuned to my blog to find out what I am doing. Curious? You should be.

Modern day hot dog vendors aren't vendors who sit on a single street corner their entire life being happy with a mere $150.0 per day that most vendors will admit to taking in. We strategize, plan and make phone calls in the off season. Hoping to book those corporate events, festivals, sporting events and more. A decent event grosses at least $100.00 per hour for 4-5 hours in a row every time. If your street corner location does this, stay there and don't move. You will do well.. be dependable. If not, move on. There are better locations, hungrier people and those who want you to serve their customers.

How much do you think a caterer charges for just showing up? Do you think that the average catering business would show up and pay someone to show up for 20-50 people? If so they would be out of business. You shouldn't either. There are corporations out there, businesses that need food service, want food service but they can't afford a caterer. Talk about keeping your employees on site, getting them fed in timely manner without causing their staff gas money and time for the employer, it's a win win situation to have you there. You are an asset, find someone who recognizes that.

Don't pay rent, barter your space. Trade some free meals, donation to a favorite charity, cater their birthday party, wedding or special event. Don't pay rent !!! I am telling you that there is a better option, find it.

I have been in the hot dog cart business for over 10 years and not ever paid "rent"for a space. Always barter, employee rewards or donations to a favorite charity. I have however paid a % of my income, combined with sales receipts from a location sharing the ownership of the business with the property owner. With a stake like that it is very likely the property owner will look after your best interest. Otherwise, you are a tenant and the success of your business is up to you.

I hope that you have gathered some good advice from this post. More will be coming as I update you on one of my life's greatest business accomplishments yet. I am brave, holding my breath, working diligently and praying intensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment